I already named an episode based off a bad hot dog pun…then Spencer did this rating system. Frankly, I’m at a loss. I’ve just been totally sabotaged. Let’s get this over with. The episode is pretty okay, I guess.
Blue Mountain Barrel House Series Dark Hollow: Imperial Stout Aged in Oak Bourbon Barrels: In Dissecting Our Fun, we’ve played Mountains of Madness and enjoyed it. We debate whether it’s really a Lovecraftian game at all, or if perhaps it is the best Lovecraftian board game.
Smartmouth Brewing Company Chaotic Neutral IPA: Armchair Director makes a case for movies destroyed by a single casting choice.
Kindred Spirit Brewing Strawberry Milkshake Ale: Ale brewed with fruit and lactose: In Sportsplainer, Spencer gives us nerds some talking points so we can camouflage ourselves in the endless Lebron James v. Michael Jordan debate.
Virginia Beer Co Wrenish Rye: In the tradition of The Toys That Made Us, James Burns Asks Mixed Six about the toys that made them.
Alewerks Brewing Company Paycheck Porter Robust American Porter with Rich Character: The Mixed Six Mock Draft has to cast a new version of Scooby-Doo using only rock musicians.
Evolution Craft Brewing’s Pine’hop’le Pineapple India Pale Ale: Where is your line for sharing? How do we draw it? Drunk Enough tries to examine the border before tripping over it.
Songs, Tracks 2-8: https://brettklassen.bandcamp.com/album/it-was-all-a-dream-beat-tape
Welcome back (except for those of you with trikaideckaphobia; we understand and we’ll see you in a few weeks). In this episode, Producer Ross and Caleb start by poisoning Spencer and things only get better from there. We hit some old favorites and try a whole new segment in the full version. If you want to check it out, don’t forget to hit us up on the Patreon.
1. Innis and Gunn Rum Cast: In Dissecting Our Fun, we talk about our board game deal-breakers.
2. Evil Twin Brewing’s Don No: The fans have spoken, and they want Sportsplainer. Spencer more than delivers with an exhaustive explanation of March Madness.
3. Avery Brewing Company’s Rumpkin: Ask Mixed Six wants to know when an antihero is too antihero. We draw our lines in the sand.
4. Crooked Stave Artisan Beer Project St. Bretta Brettanomyecs Citrus Wildbier Valencia Orange: After that mouthful, we step into Living With Humans to discuss the effects of ubiquitous social media on domestic life.
5. Ommegang Brewery’s Gnomegang Blonde Ale: In Binge Binger, we discuss the ongoing embarrassment that is Big Bang Theory.
6. Elysian Space Dust IPA: After an extra long free episode, we try something new for our backers with Snippet of Adventure! By popular demand, Producer Ross and Caleb introduce Spence to the world of RPGs. We start with character creation and the campaign promises to be interesting.